Tuesday, May 3, 2011

~The Royal Wedding~




We celebrated the Royal Wedding by having an English Tea.




We served scones, english muffins, tea, berries and bacon. Everything was delicious!


We used our wedding china and antique plates from my Grandma Cherry.






Thank goodness for the DVR...we started watching the wedding about 10am


(it actually started live at 3 am)




and we even made a wedding cake!

We got out all of my old wedding items...my dress, my veil, all of the jewelry, our cake topper. We even had the gloves I wore in Jill's wedding and a garter!




The girls and I all dressed up and wore tiaras and veils. It was such a fun thing to do! So glad we did. I love history, and having the girls be a part of a living historical event is something I will always treasure.







Something Borrowed, Something Blue







Ellie in my veil...I bought this veil 18 years ago.
















The big girls wore their tiaras from Aunt Stephanie's wedding.


They were the flower girls.












Anna found a great book at the library about Royal Weddings. It had amazing information in it, and we followed along with the protocol we saw on tv.



























No comments:

Post a Comment